Thursday 13 October 2011

OMG Its been far too long

I must apologise for being off the air since April. Where has the time gone? I took three months off from teaching and markets which began in June. It was a wonderful time to do some exploration although not long enough to do all I wanted. One of the areas I was itching to immerse myself was that of natural dyeing. To me the guru in this area is our own India Flint, who lives in South Australia and has a Latvian heritage. You can check India out through Google she has a wealth of information on the net. Im lucky enough to be attending one of her workshops down in Melbourne, later this year. I feel like a mad alchemist . Nothing in the garden has been safe from my cutting shears. You name it, Ive tried it. Even drove around for a week with material wrapped around vegetable peelings and floers until it just got too smelly. It was worth that effort though as I created a gorgeous scarf. Heres the picture for that piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment