Monday 24 October 2011

Nuno Felted Beginners Scarf Class




I know my blog is not in order however its the best I can manage at the moment. Back in September, terrible, Im so behind with my blogging, I ran another nuno felted class. As some of you are aware, I have been obsessed with felting for some years now and many of you have begged me to teach felting items other than jewellery which I have taught for some time.Nuno felting was developed by two American felters based up in a commune in Queensland. As the Queensland is quite warm and not so suited to felted fabrics they developed nuno so the material would be lighter, allowing them to wear garments suitable for that climate. One of these American ladies, was Japanese. Nuno is the Japanese word for fabric. Nuno felting is taking fabric and combining it with wool in a very fine application to create a felted fabric. 


I ran two nuno beginner classes in September and judging by your fantastic feedback and results, I will do more! If you are interested email me on kathy@versacreative.com.au. Ive included some photos which are only of the second classes work as my photos for the first class got accidentally wiped. Sorry guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment