Thursday 11 October 2012

A new range of jewellery using polymer and silk yarn







 
This week has been hectic with the passing away of my good friend John and having my parents 
stay. Not to mention getting ready for the contemporary craft retreat I'm teaching at this weekend in Canberra. I think it will be very cold down there as it was snowing this morning out of my window. It was stunning to see a white covered landscape though. In between all of these activities, I managed to complete my new range of polymer jewellery. These are mostly necklaces where I have crocheted silk yarn on a tunisian hook. For those of you who know how to crotchet, a tunisian hook is a very long hook and creates an effect that looks like knitting and crochet combined. I also put together some earrings and some more rings. Hope you enjoy the pics. I will report on the retreat when I return. Also stay tuned as I will be announcing soon a giveaway on Facebook to win a unique Studio Amara creation.


No comments:

Post a Comment